Friday, June 24, 2011

.life.




According to Wikipedia (which as an almost college graduate, I am told not to ever use as a source) the definition of life is a, “characteristic that distinguishes objects that are living organisms from those that are not”. What does it really mean to have life? I fully believe that my life has a purpose and I fully believe that my heavenly father created me to bring his children back to him. What is the key to this life? But to have life? This life is so short.

Three months ago I watched my best friend go through the most traumatic event of her twenty-two years of life. With in a few hours she went from having a father to having a deceased father. He no longer had life. And her life was totally turned upside down. Her life will always be different now than her life was a few hours before he died.

There is a lot to say about life and death. How different they can be and how much they affect someone. His life had meaning and his life had an affect on her meaning in life. His death affected him to not be able to have a heartbeat and his death had an affect on her life as she no longer has a living human father.

Watching the people I love have their lives turned into something they never dreamed of gives me insight to God’s heart. This pain that I watch my best friend somehow survive every day must be the pain that God feels for his lost children. This pain that I have when I look into my best friends heart and see darkness and tears and lies, must be the pain that God has when his children are away from him.

Why would someone want to end his or her life? Why would God want his children away from him? What does the enemy have that enables people to get so sad and hurt that the pain in their life causes them to not want to live life? God’s heart is good. It is so good. There is peace and rest and hope there. I know he is here with me. I can feel him as I type. But in his comfort of hope, I feel despair when I see her heart suffer.

I see this life as temporary. I see this life as a mission. I see this life as a chance to beat the enemy and enable him from the power he has over humans. Although I see life this way, I feel the hurt, despair, sadness, and pain that my best friend is feeling. God did not create life to torture the living creators on this planet. God does not want this pain and agony in life. He wants joy for us.

Just pondering the meanings of life and death. My heavenly father gave a new light to me on these words. This torture that I happen to be witnessing is not God’s will. That was not his plan in life. This pain I have from the torture, is the pain God feels when he sees his children in pain.

One day we will be living. Living on gold streets with worship music playing on repeat. One day we will be living in a culture of no pain and no death. We will all be living. We will have eternal life.

The key to this life is love.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I never commented on this before! But, thank you for writing this! Thank you for being my rock and sister in this life! Thank You for seeing the hurt even when I didn't see it! Thank You for knowing me and loving me so well!

    ReplyDelete